With We Want Any Car, it’s easy to sell your car in now time at all, even if you’re not the registered keeper! Once you’ve received your free valuation and you’ll need to find your important vehicle documents to bring along to an appointment at one of our local branches. Here is a checklist to help you find all the necessary items.
Your vehicle documents
- V5 registration document*
- MOT certificate (if applicable)
- If you have any outstanding finance on your vehicle, you will need to bring a latter from the finance company confirming their settlement figure and validity
- Service book and handbook (as well as any extras such as spare keys, locking wheel nuts, radio & key codes, sat-nav discs
*Unfortunately, if you don't have V5 document we cannot buy your vehicle. But, you can apply for a new one by filling in V62 form from DVLA here. Once you have completed this process, then we can buy your car.
Your personal documents
We also ask that you bring along some personal documents so that we can complete the sale of your car and begin the payment process efficiently. These will include:
- Personal identification - a photo driving license or passport
- Either a utility bill, bank / credit card statement or a council tax statement**
- Your UK bank details
**The address needs to be your current address and match the address on the V5 registration document
What if I'm not the registered keeper?
Don’t stress if you are not the registered keeper, you can still sell your car with us. You will need written authorisation from the registered keeper that you have permission to sell their vehicle. You will also need their photo ID (either a passport or photo driving licence). Once you have both of these, we can continue with the car sale. Another thing to consider is that you will need their bank details as the money will be transfered into their account. It really is as simple as that. If you are looking for more details about the types of documents you might need and why, see this further page in the car selling guides section of our website.